Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another week down.

Well this was a rough week. Lou was out of town from Monday evening until Thursday evening. I must admit I am completely spoiled. He does the middle of the night feedings and helps out in the mornings so that I can get my workout in. It was difficult to do all the feedings and get myself up in the morning to workout. I did manage to get my workouts in all week, but not as long as I like. I made sure to get everything from the Bob Harper program in though. I knew that was the most important thing to do. If I was able to get other stuff in that was just a bonus.

My weigh in reflected my rough week. I did lose a pound, but was kind of hoping for more. I just feel better when I lose 2 pounds a week. I know once I get under 200 I will be satisfied with one pound a week, but until then it is rough. I am now down to 211. I just have to keep telling myself slow and steady is the best way to lose the weight. I am halfway through the Bob Harper training program.

Our local YMCA offered an aerobics bash this Saturday. Basically, you can go to the YMCA and try a sampling of the classes they offer. Each class only lasted for 30 minutes. When you attend the normal class it is longer than 30 minutes.  I was really wanting to try their spin class. That was the first class they offered and I LOVED it!! Even though I got one of the old bikes I still had a great time. I also tried their power circuit class. This class is a variety of strength, cardio, and abs. I did receive some compliments from the teacher on my form and drive. That made me feel really good. The third class was boot camp. And let me tell you!! That one was HARD!!! I was warned that it was tough. I have a feeling though if you attended the whole class it would be an AWESOME workout. I tried the Zumba class.  It was alright. I don't have much rhythm so it was hard to keep up, but I can see how it can be a great workout once you catch on to all the moves. Finally, I did the kickboxing class. This class too is another good one. I imagine if I took the class when I was done I would be walking out in a full on sweat. I wanted to try the powercut class, but that was the last time slot. I had already done 2.5 hours of exercise and was pretty wiped out. I didn't think I could handle another 2 hours. I would highly recommend you going to your local YMCA and check out what they have to offer.

Now on to week 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment